The Membership of ‘ATOM’ is open to all entities who agree with the aims and objects of ‘ATOM’. They shall have to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Association.
To be eligible for membership of ATOM a person, firm or company must be engaged, in the state of Maharashtra, in the sale of adventure travel to the public and must meet and continue to comply with the criteria for membership.
The criteria for membership shall be determined from time to time by the Association in Annual General Meeting. The currently applicable criteria are those set out in this document.
1. Founder Member: A Founder Member is an Active member of ATOM, who has formed ATOM at the initial stage and has paid the chartered membership fee. Founder members of the association will form the managing committee and active members for 10 years.
2. Active Member: An active member is an ATOM approved individual, firm or company having their operating Head Quarters registered in the Indian state of Maharashtra for a minimum of ONE year before application for membership. Active members shall have voting rights.
2.1 Applicant must be introduced by an Active ATOM member.
2.2 Tenure of membership will be for a period of one year.
2.3 A part of the Applicant’s business service and product must be providing operation related services and products in the adventure travel and specialty tourism sector.
2.4 The Association in General Meeting has the power to elect an individual as an Active member of the Association. The criteria to be taken into account are set out in the Constitution and Rules of the Association.
3. Independent Adventure Professional Member: An Independent Adventure Professional Member (IAP), including but not limited to
Adventure Guides, experts and service providers, is an individual that provides adventure operation related service to the trade or clients.
3.1 Membership will be subject to committee approval.
3.2 Tenure of membership will be for a period of one year.
4. Affiliated Member: Affiliated member is an ATOM approved foreign or Indian firm or a legal entity acting as a Travel Services Intermediary company acceptable to the Association and shall have no right to vote in any proceedings of the Association. Their application will be considered subject to the following conditions:
4.1 Applications must be Proposed / Recommended by an Active ATOM member.
4.2 All membership approvals for ATOM will be decided by the Core Committee.
5. Honorary Member: ATOM managing committee can, if approved in majority by the committee invite and grant honorary membership to iconic individuals or institutions whose contribution to the adventure travel and specialist tourism sector is recognized and praiseworthy and whose knowledge, ideas and suggestions would assist the association in meeting its objectives.
5.1 An Honorary member shall have the right to participate in the activities of the
Association but has no right to vote in the proceedings of the Association.
6. Government Representatives: ATOM managing committee can if approved in majority by the founder members invite and grant honorary membership to government officials, Indian or Foreign.
6.1 Government Representative Member shall have the right to participate in the activities of the Association but with no right to vote in the proceedings of the Association.
6.2 Membership fees for a Government Representative shall be waived or discounted at the discretion of the core committee.
6.3 A Government Representative member shall have the right to participate in the activities of the Association but has no right to vote in the proceedings of the Association.
MEMBERSHIP FEES & SUBSCRIPTION:
Members shall pay admission fee and Annual Subscription as shown below. Admission fee and annual subscription once paid shall not be non refundable.
1. Active Members Fees: INR 7,000
2. Independent Adventure Professional Member Fees:INR 2,000
3. Affiliated Member Fees:INR 7,000
4. Honorary Member: Fees: NIL
5. Government Representatives: Fees:NIL